Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bye Bye 2011. So Long, Mr. Earl. Bring On 2012

2011 - It was the best of years, it was the worst of years.  On the good side, I published my first two books.  Along the way, I made some awesome friends and contacts.  Other than that, the year was sort of "blah."

Unfortunately, my buddy Mr. Earl died just this past week.  He didn't look good at the Christmas party, but I was somehow convinced that he would live forever.  I would not put it past him to have held on until after Christmas for his family.  He was that kind of guy.  Mr. Earl was an old man with a bad ticker who reminded me of my grandfather that died when I was 18.  I didn't get to spend a lot of time with Mr. Earl, but he was always the person I wanted to see at the parties we attended.  Like my grandfather, he was not classically educated, but he was infinitely wise.  They also shared a similar work ethic and made sure their kids had opportunities they never had.

They were both just damned fine men.  They were good men.  And isn't that how all guys would like to be remembered?

Godspeed, Mr. Earl.  I am proud to have known you.

On to 2012.  I have two more books scheduled to be published this coming year--maybe more.  As more people hear about the Crayder Chronicles, I continue to meet new and fascinating people.  When you come down to it, everything--every accomplishment or victory--comes down to people.

So to my people--'cause I have people now, ya know--THANK YOU for taking up the slack for me this past week.

To "My Happy Few" (those that read my ramblings in different places around the internet and those that I have come to know), thank you for being "you" and providing me with endless hours of entertainment and interest.

Everyone look for some new and exciting stuff here in SpilittersWorld:

Some of the new graphics are going to blow you away.
"Ask Tom Crayder" is coming in January.  As a matter of fact, Tom is going to be taking over the main blog page here.  You'll have to click a tab for my ramblings.  Tom assures me that he is going to have some fun answering your questions on life, love, and dealing with noisy neighbors...

See y'all next year!

Splitter

7 comments:

  1. Looking forward to a fabulous 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences, Splitter. I think you are most likely correct that Mr. Earl hung on to life for his family. The dying have ways of communicating that go beyond the minds of the rest of us. Mr. Earl sounds like the type of man we all need in our lives. A really good man.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year, Splitter! Sorry about mr. Earl. I hope he is in a better place, painfree. Good luck with your books. I look forward to more corkiness from you. Say hi to mrs. Splitter ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you Splitter! Reading The Reluctant right now :) Ok I admit it I am cheating on you with Mr. King, Stephen that is. Hey you are in excellent company! Somehow, I don't think he will be visiting my blog amytime soon..guess I will have to settle for more of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what Tom does next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you getting all adventurous! lol Ok so Jen ask me to send you a question. What I need to know is do you want it on this comment box or email? My email is melyndafleury@yahoo.com
    I'm pretty good at getting back to you asap unless I'm in the middle of a crisis.

    ReplyDelete