Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Self-Pub Suicide (link)

Apparently, I am not the only one thinking about the world of indie publishing and the "quality" issues related to it.  Go back to my post of October 27th for reference:  The Gripe .

The Passive Guy, a blog that I find myself watching and participating in more and more often, did a great article on "Self-Pub Suicide" :  Self-Pub Suicide .

On that link, you can go back and read a blogger's controversial assertion that if you are self published, your work probably "sucks."  You can also read the storm of opinions on her site and on Passive Guy's site.

Heck, I even made a confession about being part of the problem and trying to become part of the solution.

I SERIOUSLY have no idea why there is animosity between traditionally published authors, small press published authors (some draw a distinction still), and self published authors.  It seems to me that today's world provides CHOICES for writers AND readers.

I understand there is a lot of "crap" out there from indie writers, but I still say that is little different from some of the slop that is foisted on us by large publishers at higher prices.

Think about it...have you read a traditionally published book recently and at some point thought, "I want my money back."

Probably, you have.

Splitter

1 comment:

  1. Splitter, you make an excellent point. I've bought quite a few titles published from the big houses that were below par. At this point, everything is changing, but like you said, there are more options for readers now. And I think that's one of the most important factors.

    ReplyDelete